Learn how to pick a horse at the racetrack.
Sure, you could just go with your gut. But if you want better odds, make your decision based on these factors.
You Will Need
* Information about the horse
* Information about his trainer
* Information about his jockey
* Your own observations
* A newspaper with a racing column
* Cheat sheets
* A program
Step 1. Scan their bios
Research the horses that are running. See if any are related to previous racing champs and check out how well they did in their last few races.
Step 2. Check out the jockey
Check out the track record of the jockey riding the horse; experienced jockeys can play a big part in producing a winner.
Step 3. Consider the trainer
Find out who trained the horse. Like horses and jockeys, some trainers have proven track records, too.
Step 4. Find the favorite
Find the checking the program to see how much weight each horse is carrying. The long shots are given a lighter load in order to even the competition.
Step 5. See for yourself
Visit the paddock, the area where the horses are kept before the race. Good signs include ears up, which indicate alertness, teeth grinding, which can signify eagerness to race, and a larger-than-average chest, which indicates a larger lung capacity.
Step 6. Watch how the horses act
Watch how the horses behave in the mounting yard and on the way to the starting gate. The more relaxed the horse, the better their chance of winning.
Step 7. See what the experts say
Take into account what racing experts think: Many newspapers carry their predictions in the sports section.
Step 8. Pick a name you like
Consider picking horses based on names you like. It's often as good a system as any in this unpredictable sport.
Warning: Make sure betting on horse racing is legal in your state.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades